"She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. ...When it snows, she has no fear for her household..."

Wednesday, April 6

Can You Get Useful Stuff for Free With Coupons?

We get this question all the time. "Aren't most coupons for useless things?" Well, I've got another great example of how couponing can help you stock up on quality products for almost free.

Today I went to Target, and here's what I got:

1 Dove Men+Care Body Wash on clearance for $1.98
1 Trial-sized Men's Dove Deodorant (free with purchase of body wash)
4 Skittles Blenders $.69 each
4 Olay Facial Wet Cleansing Cloths (30-ct)$4.99 each
Value pack Satin Care Shaving Cream (2 full-sized and 1 travel size) on clearance for $2.38
Total: $27.08

Coupons I used:
$1/1 Dove Men+Care coupon from 3/27 RP
$1/1 Dove coupon (Target coupon)
(2) $1/2 Skittles Blenders coupon (Target coupon)
(2) $.50/2 Skittles coupons
(4) $2/1 Olay Facial coupons from 3/27 SS
$1/1 Olay Facial coupon from Target Beauty booklet (came in the mail)

My OOP total was $13.34, but I received 2 $5 gift cards at the end, and I paid with a $10 gift card I had gotten previously from transferring a prescription. So, my total was $3.34 for all the stuff in the picture. The best part: my family will use all of it (my kids will love the Skittles in their Easter baskets)!

So, the answer to the question is YES! you can get useful stuff for free with coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment