"She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. ...When it snows, she has no fear for her household..."

Sunday, April 10

I Got Paid to Shop at Walmart!

Today I went to Walmart to use my Similac coupons.  I had (5) $5/1 and (5) $3/1 coupons, so I picked up (10) 1-Qt Similac Ready-to Feed bottles.  As I was wandering around the store, I also picked up some deodorant, nail clippers and tweezers.  Here is how I broke down my 5 transactions:

Transaction #1

2 Similac $7.68
2 Revlon Nail Clippers $2.84
1 Revlon Tweezers $1.87
1 Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant (trial size) $2.47
Total: $14.86

Used $5/1 and $3/1 Similac coupons from 4/3 SS
Used (2) $2/1 Revlon Beauty Tools coupons (IP no longer available)
Used $2/1 Revlon Beauty Tool catalina that printed out at Fred Meyer
Used $3/1 Secret Clinical Strength coupon from P&G home mailer

Total: $2.14 profit (cashier paid me cash back)

Transactions #2-5

2 Similac $7.68
Used $5/1 and $3/1 Similac coupons
Total: $.32 profit for each transaction

Overall total for all 5 transactions: $3.42 profit!

I had to do separate transactions because the Similac coupons say "Limit 1 per transaction" on them.  Only one of each coupon can be used in each transaction.  The cashier let me do all 5 transactions one right after the other, so it worked out great.  It did come in handy to have a copy of Walmart's corporate coupon policy handy, because my cashier wasn't aware that it said that they would give cash back.  I politely showed it to her and she was more than happy to pay me!  In this case, it paid to shop at Walmart!

No comments:

Post a Comment